Good Day CHUG Community,
This past weekend the CHUG Board of Directors met with members of the GE Healthcare IT Senior Leadership team at our quarterly board meeting. We worked collectively and collaboratively with the GE team to advocate on your behalf by voicing your concerns regarding Centricity Practice Solution and Centricity EMR.
The conversation centered on the following themes:
• System Integrity – Outages of CQR, etc
• Regulatory Compliance – PQRS, MU, moving targets
• Urgency to Fix Long Standing Items
• Improving Communication Content & Frequency
• Engaging Users in the Product Development Process
The following items were important to note:
• GE Senior Leadership continues to be devoted to hearing and understanding challenges surrounding CPS and CEMR.
• GE has recently restructured its Engineering Teams. System integrity and producing quality releases are vitally important to this new team.
• Regulatory compliance has become a moving target, and GE is working with key regulatory entities to ensure their customers have the most up-to-date information as quickly as possible.
As a result, the following action items have been created:
• On February 11th, 2015 the CHUG Board sent a letter to Mr. Jan De Witte, President and CEO of GE Healthcare IT, requesting a meeting to discuss and advocate for the needs of the users (request and response attached). We look forward to meeting with Mr. De Witte and members of his leadership team at CHUG @ Centricity Live.
• Based upon your feedback, the CHUG Board has developed a list of 15 items that have been long standing issues. In March, we hope to communicate the full list to you, including resolution dates promised by GEHCIT.
• The CHUG Board will continue to work closely with GEHCIT to deliver needed information in a timely way
• As a community, CHUG will start to become increasingly active in lobbying the US government for regulatory relief. Please keep an eye out for further communications.
These are all steps in the right direction as we continue to advocate on the behalf of users. Please continue to reach out to the CHUG Board to have your voice heard. Get involved in one of our many committees, there is so much good we can do together.
On a personal note, as the new President of the CHUG Board of Directors, I hope we are able to continue this initial momentum into concrete improvements for all GE Centricity users. With open, honest, transparent, and collaborative communication from all stakeholders, I believe we will be able to realize amazing improvements and innovations.
Thank you for your time and attention, I look forward to seeing all of you in Orlando, FL at CHUG at Centricity Live and in New York City on October 1st-3rd, 2015 for the Fall CHUG.
Etan M. Walls, CISSP
President, Centricity Healthcare User Group Board of Directors