Dear CHUG Community,
Last week members of the CHUG Board had the opportunity to sit down and have a meeting with Bob Segert, the new CEO of Virence Health and Chad Dodd, VP of Ambulatory Practice Solutions. This was a positive and encouraging meeting and we felt like Bob was supportive of the CPS platform and its users. He has a good understanding of the market and the challenges we face in the growing Value Based Care world.
Until the merger with athenahealth is finalized there is a limited amount of information that Bob is able to share with us.
What Bob could share is….
- He would have liked to share the announcement at CHUG, however, due to circumstances beyond his control was unable to and would like our users to know if he could have done that differently, he would have.
- Virence continues to invest in the current Centricity product line and continues to deliver per the product roadmap.
- Over the coming years, the two platforms will begin to come together with a larger and more focused research and development investment and plan.
- Customers will have the option to keep their current software licenses or to migrate to a new revenue cycle management model. You will NOT have to migrate to a new managed revenue cycle model.
- Subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2019.
- The combined company is expected to operate under the athenahealth brand with headquarters in Watertown, Massachusetts.
- The strategy is to take the best from each to create a stronger Healthcare IT company with an overall aim in driving healthcare outcomes that matter the most to users and patients.
We will continue to pass along information as we receive it. Please reach out with any concerns you may have. The CHUG Board and Virence Health want to keep an open dialogue as this exciting phase moves to completion.
The CHUG Board