If this is your first time attending a Centricity Healthcare User Group national conference, we have put together a list of the top six things you need to know to help you get the most out of your first conference!
1. Who is presenting? | The conference is made up of users, GE employees, and vendors. Sometimes you will go to a breakout session and it will be presented by a user, sometimes it will be a GE employee and other times it will be a vendor. The conference guide will help you determine who is speaking, but it is important to know this information when going into a session. Everyone presenting has great information to share.
2. Name Badges 101 | We at CHUG love name badges with color ribbons. You will discover this quickly as soon as you get your packet. The colors will reflect if you are a user, GE employee, or a vendor. There are also ribbons for the CHUG Board members, CHUG Committee members, and those that have been to 10 or more conferences (CHUG 10 times is not a challenge, it is to let those know that you have been to several conferences).
3. Packet Pick-Up | We will update you through our social sites and the Beatty Group site as to where to go to pick up your attendee packet containing valuable information regarding the conference. There will also be a CHUG booth next to packet pick-up if you have any questions regarding the CHUG website, or if you would like to be involved in our regional / specialty groups or a committee.
4. Food | No one goes hungry at our conference! Breakfast and lunch is provided as well as light appetizers during the welcome reception Thursday and the vendor fair on Friday evening. Breaks will be offered mid-morning and afternoon with coffee, tea, and soda provided.
5. Connection | “CHUG Chat is a wonderful breakout session where you can meet and get to know other users along with employees from GE to discuss issues and best practices. These happen both days of the conference and you don’t want to miss them!
6. #CHUGChat | Centricity Healthcare User Group has it’s own hashtag and we will be updating Twitter throughout the conference with the account @centricityusers. Please feel free to follow, tweet, retweet and favorite, we would love you to join the conversation!
So there you have it, the Top 6 things to know. If the conference is an old hat to you, please feel free to comment below on any more items we should add to help others!